Pintados Kasadyaan Street Dance 2011 Chaos
June 28, 2011 § 2 Comments
“It’s salient who among doesn’t know how to follow instruction. It’s also salient who doesn’t have the heart for the sake of the feast of Sto. Nino and for everybody’s happiness.”
Pintados Kasadyaan Festival started at grandstand at 8am. Everything went well until the parade reached corner real-burgos. Some tomeco were already on the streets of burgos street and blocked the way going to justice street. In front were Tomeco members then there were barricades. Afar were two trucks owned by the city that also blocked the way. Attorney Roque Tiu asked permission to the Head of Tomeco to let them pass to pay respect to Sto Nino in Sto Nino Church but the Head of Tomeco did not let them pass because according to them there was a permit given which was only filed on friday, to think a permit should be filed five days before the said event. In the permit it was said that the Pintados Kasadyaan Street Dance was to pass on burgos street and not on justice street. People were getting irritated because Tomeco wont let them pass but the Head of Tomeco stand firm on their duty. As the weather gets hot, the mind of the people gets hot too. They were persistent that they pass that street so they destroyed the barricade but then again it was blocked by two trucks. Even other city officials who joined the parade asked permission but they only failed. The people even started singing the hymn of Sto Nino but the city was firm with the decision. After two hours of delay, Mayor Matin Petilla decided that they would just go back to grandstand since they were not permitted and it was already 11.
Here are some pictures I got:
PNP said they were neutral.
- To have a successful parade POLITICS SHOULD BE SET ASIDE
- It was a barbaric move of the people. You just showed you have no breeding.
- A disappointing-would-have-been-fun parade.
- Don’t use the image of The Child Jesus for such things.
- Tourism of Tacloban is now officially flunk. Thanks to your doing (romualdez-petilla)
- Next time follow instructions.
- FACT: Where ever the parade goes, the people will follow. Not the other way around. Just give them a clear instruction as to where you’re going.
- Pintados should be held 2 days or on a weekend before the feast. A street dance competition for INTER-TACLOBAN. Participants are exclusively from Tacloban. The winner of the said event will represent Tacloban on the following day.
- Sangyaw will be held before the feast. The competition will be participated by those outside Tacloban such as Eastern Visayas participant or outside EV. The winner of the Pintados event will join as a representative of Tacloban. Now, this will be a national competition.