Body Type Quiz from Yahoo!
August 27, 2011 § 6 Comments
You have to answer some easy questions then voila! you have your body type. I took the test and here’s my result.
Your body shape is triangle. Your body type is primarily endomorph with some mesomorph tendencies.
- Your Shape
- Classically feminine, with shapely legs, a whittled waist, and a curvy bum.
- Your Health
- Triangles have higher levels of estrogen, which signals fertility. Wider hips may protect from heart disease and boost the chances of living longer. With your body shape, obesity increases your risk for memory loss and mental decline; staying trim as you age is important.
- Your Beauty
- Humans are hard-wired to find your figure attractive, from way back in caveman times. A triangle body shape, which stores fat in the hips and thighs, suggests that you can maintain a pregnancy and produce healthy children.
- Fashion Tip: Add structure
- Your chest and shoulders are small, so add volume to your upper half. This summer, try a boatneck shirt with horizontal stripes, or a wide scoop neck in bright jewel tones. On chilly evenings, go for a cropped jacket, or a cardigan with three-quarter sleeves.
- You’re soft and feminine, reminiscent of the Renaissance’s most lauded ladies. Your metabolism might feel like your biggest foe, but try focusing on your favorite body part and doing strength-training exercises to highlight it. Most women are endomorphs, but as you build muscle and burn fat, you might see a stronger secondary, or even primary, body type emerge.
- Nutrition Tip: Eat an energy-boosting breakfast
- Aim for foods that will provide long-lasting energy. Start your day with a low-fat yogurt and fruit smoothie. Add coconut water instead of juice—sugar-sweetened drinks will make your energy spike and crash. Complex carbs are great for your body too. Try oatmeal or whole wheat toast with nut butter or scrambled egg whites for a healthy, hearty kick-off to your day
- Exercise Tip: Love your legs.
- Most women aim to increase muscle tone, but shy away from leggy workouts and focus on their abs instead. Think of it this way: Muscle is a fat-burning powerhouse, so the key to all-over tone is building strong legs, glutes, and lats—the biggest muscles in your body. Yoga and pilates work all three while improving balance and support