May 7, 2012 § Leave a comment
You wouldn’t worry so much about what other people thought if you realised how seldom they do.
– Eleanor Roosevelt
May 5, 2012 § Leave a comment
Good Morning! Just something to ponder to start your day! 😀
♥♥♥Lots of Love♥♥♥
March 15, 2012 § 1 Comment
Repost from Fashionising.com
Written by Tania Braukämper
Some shows are less about the product and more an excersise of branding. The launch of Dita Von Teese’s Von Follies was a bit of both, but here was an LMFF show that mostly conveyed its message with props, casting choices and a soundtrack of dirty brass and burlesque symbol clashes. And why stray from brand Dita? It’s a strong brand, carefully set in place with hairspray and bobby pins and kept up by garter belts and suspenders. That’s the Dita fans know, and doubtless a lot of work goes into keeping it that way.
The Von Follies show opened with Dita herself, who packed a bucketload of burlesque seductiveness into a singular short appearence. She didn’t walk the runway; she performed down it. Hips swiveling, Louboutins gently but firmly telling the runway who was boss, outer garments cast away at the end of the catwalk revealing the show’s first lingerie set.
Following Dita came model after model but not in the usual cookie-cutter uniform sizes. And while there was no fanfare around this being a show for women of all sizes, the mix of models seemed to convey a message that any girl can spring from a giant martini glass looking great. What one lacks in washboard abs can be made up for with confidence and a carefully engineered sense of nostalgia. There’s an important distinction to make here, though: putting on a Von Follies set of underwear will not magically hide your flaws. But getting the styling right will certainly cast the kind of magic that makes people overlook them.
And that’s the thing that Dita knows, and that’s the secret she imparts. And that’s what she’s selling to fans. The ability to generate a type of sex appeal that’s based on fantasy, not just the naked body.
I can’t vouch for the quality of the Von Follies line – on the runway not all fits looked spectacular and after all this is a range (developed for retail chain Target) aimed at the entry to mid levels of the lingerie market, not one directed at the high end – but in the purveying of brand Dita, in the message that sexiness (particularly of the faux-vintage kind) is a full package that anyone can put together, the show played out its purpose well.
You can see all of the Von Follies by Dita Von Teese for Target runway collection by clicking on a thumbnail on the left. From there you can browse through each of the pictures from the fashion show.
Photography by Kelly Defina
I like Miss Dita’s concept of putting models of different sizes and shapes. Sexy does not only address 36-24-36 bodies! It’s for all sizes. Confidence is what it all takes to be sexy. Sexy? It’s every woman!
October 26, 2011 § Leave a comment
I love this brand because they make you feel good inside and out. The ad shows that someone out there also feels the same way you do. All we have to do is accept the truth and live with it. Here’s the ads campaign
“Here is our Erzullie: Fierce Fashion for Plus Size Ladies video for our plus size empowerment campaign, “Now, I’m Fierce”. I hope that this touches you in a personal level and inspires you to become more than what you think you are or what people make you think about yourself as a plus size woman… “
I was moved when Ms Jhaki said she has to starve just to fit in. 😦 Sadly, the world is so harsh to people who are big. They always makes you feel down because your size is doubled. They always think being thin means being beautiful. Well, for me beauty does not come in size. All you need is the confidence to let your beauty shine.
Cheers to Erzullie for this ad!
October 5, 2011 § Leave a comment
A while back, at the entrance of a gym, there was a picture of a very thin and beautiful woman. The caption was “This summer, do you want to be a mermaid or a whale?”
The story goes, a woman (of clothing size unknown) answered the following way:
“Dear people, whales are always surrounded by friends (dolphins, seals, curious humans), they are sexually active and raise their children with great tenderness.
They entertain like crazy with dolphins and eat lots of prawns. They swim all day and travel to fantastic places like Patagonia, the Barents Sea or the coral reefs of Polynesia.
They sing incredibly well and sometimes even are on cds. They are impressive and dearly loved animals, which everyone defend and admires.
Mermaids do not exist.
But if they existed, they would line up to see a psychologist because of a problem of split personality: woman or fish?
They would have no sex life and could not bear children.
Yes, they would be lovely, but lonely and sad.
And, who wants a girl that smells like fish by his side?
Without a doubt, I’d rather be a whale.
At a time when the media tells us that only thin is beautiful, I prefer to eat ice cream with my kids, to have dinner with my husband, to eat and drink and have fun with my friends.
We women, we gain weight because we accumulate so much wisdom and knowledge that there isn’t enough space in our heads, and it spreads all over our bodies.
We are not fat, we are greatly cultivated.
Every time I see my curves in the mirror, I tell myself: “How amazing am I ?! “
September 15, 2011 § Leave a comment
AGE: 20 – 28 YEARS OLD
BUST: 40-48 INCHES
WAIST: 31-39 INCHES
HIPS: 43-51 INCHES
Check Erzullie’s Blog for more details and inquiries. 🙂
August 27, 2011 § 6 Comments
You have to answer some easy questions then voila! you have your body type. I took the test and here’s my result.
Your body shape is triangle. Your body type is primarily endomorph with some mesomorph tendencies.
- Your Shape
- Classically feminine, with shapely legs, a whittled waist, and a curvy bum.
- Your Health
- Triangles have higher levels of estrogen, which signals fertility. Wider hips may protect from heart disease and boost the chances of living longer. With your body shape, obesity increases your risk for memory loss and mental decline; staying trim as you age is important.
- Your Beauty
- Humans are hard-wired to find your figure attractive, from way back in caveman times. A triangle body shape, which stores fat in the hips and thighs, suggests that you can maintain a pregnancy and produce healthy children.
- Fashion Tip: Add structure
- Your chest and shoulders are small, so add volume to your upper half. This summer, try a boatneck shirt with horizontal stripes, or a wide scoop neck in bright jewel tones. On chilly evenings, go for a cropped jacket, or a cardigan with three-quarter sleeves.
- You’re soft and feminine, reminiscent of the Renaissance’s most lauded ladies. Your metabolism might feel like your biggest foe, but try focusing on your favorite body part and doing strength-training exercises to highlight it. Most women are endomorphs, but as you build muscle and burn fat, you might see a stronger secondary, or even primary, body type emerge.
- Nutrition Tip: Eat an energy-boosting breakfast
- Aim for foods that will provide long-lasting energy. Start your day with a low-fat yogurt and fruit smoothie. Add coconut water instead of juice—sugar-sweetened drinks will make your energy spike and crash. Complex carbs are great for your body too. Try oatmeal or whole wheat toast with nut butter or scrambled egg whites for a healthy, hearty kick-off to your day
- Exercise Tip: Love your legs.
- Most women aim to increase muscle tone, but shy away from leggy workouts and focus on their abs instead. Think of it this way: Muscle is a fat-burning powerhouse, so the key to all-over tone is building strong legs, glutes, and lats—the biggest muscles in your body. Yoga and pilates work all three while improving balance and support